THEME  R.P.G. by YUKOKI
- 46 colour options
- 9 custom links (click-activated)
- 1 column only
- small posts option (400px)
- show captions option
- monochrome posts option
- infinite scrolling option
- fading photos option
- popup blogroll option
- updates drop down option
- permalink pokemon pixels option
- white photoset lightbox (courtesy of ladmilk uvu)
This theme has a lot of freedom when it comes to the pixels and icons, so here's a tutorial for how to upload your own permalink sprites as well as some ready-made custom links icons from 7soul1. You can get pokemon sprites from here!
Please like/reblog if you’re using the theme! :)
This is a summary of college only using two pictures; expensive as hell.
That’s my Sociology “book”. In fact what it is is a piece of paper with codes written on it to allow me to access an electronic version of a book. I was told by my professor that I could not buy any other paperback version, or use another code, so I was left with no option other than buying a piece of paper for over $200. Best part about all this is my professor wrote the books; there’s something hilariously sadistic about that. So I pretty much doled out $200 for a current edition of an online textbook that is no different than an older, paperback edition of the same book for $5; yeah, I checked. My mistake for listening to my professor.
This is why we download.
Spreading this shit like nutella because goddamn textbooks are so expensive.
not necessarily art related but as someone who couldn’t afford their textbooks this semester this is a godsend
REBLOGGING because after a little digging, I found my $200 textbook for free in PDF form.
friendly reminder that this exists since I know we’re all going back to college soon
Will reblog every time I see it.
omfg i’ve been looking for this ahhh thank the heavens!
DID U MISS THE STEAM SUMMER SALE? MAYBE BUMMED CUZ THE GAME U WANTED DIDNT GO ON SALE? BUMMED U DIDNT GET ENOUGH?
TIME 4 A GIVE AWAY
Three winners will be picked on August 1st so just under a month 2 get a shot in
1st Prize Winner will get a 50$ steam card/code PLUS a personal pick from me 2 shove up in ur digital locker
2nd Prize will get a 20$ steam card/code PLUS a personal pick from me 2 shove up in ur digital locker (10 bucks or cheaper)
3rd prize will get ONE GAME equal or lesser to 20 bucks gifted 2 them on steam.
Reblog OR like, as long as I can see ur name pop up on here somehow. U dont gotta follow but if u happen 2 in theres a good chance ull get somethin extra.
pls dont spam ppls dashes tho.
winners will be picked on August 1st and given 24 hours 2 respond, if i dont get a message back ur prizell be nudged off 2 another random picked person.
those sprites from that tamagotchi game are so cute
We are always told to use body language in our writing. Sometimes, it’s easier said than written. I decided to create these cheat sheets to help you show a character’s state of mind. Obviously, a character may exhibit a number of these behaviours. For example, he may be shocked and angry, or shocked and happy. Use these combinations as needed.
You guys, this is such a great chart especially for budding writers. Sometimes it’s more effective to show a character being bored or excited or shocked without explicitly saying so.
Where had this been all my life?
This isn’t just useful for writing, this is an absolute lifesaver for people with Asperger’s syndrome and other disorders
I needed this.
okay so a little thing about how not to be a total jackass around a deaf person because this legitimately happens and i’m sick of it (as created by a person with moderate sensorineural hearing loss/deaf gain)
as you all probs know, deaf is when someone who has sustained a hearing loss or a complete hearing loss — even though the term “hearing loss” is kind of ridiculous because loads of us are born (and even me, we suspect even though we don’t know the actual cause) with our deafness so how can we lose something we didn’t have in the first place
bUT ANYWAY deafness can be an invisible disability or a visible disability depending on the person. my deaf gain is invisible — i used to wear hearing aids, but now i do not for reasons which will be listed below as Things Not to Do. however some people do wear hearing aids (making deafness a visible disability as they can be identified by the hearing aids), and let me tell you they are rad little things they are basically little amplifiersin your ears and that’s just amazing
others who do not wear hearing aids have adapted and made certain things accessible to us with lipreading for example. we even created a language (the first recorded sign language as we know today was french sign language back in 1816)! a sign language of your first language is probably available for you to learn!
deafness can lead onto speech and how we talk. i have a lisp and a stutter and i fumble my words a lot, and people with significant deaf gain can have quite an accented voice where, with lack of better words, sounds held back
and you’re probably sitting there like “hey, what’s the point of all this i thought you said you were gonna tell us how not to be a jackass around deaf people”
a lot of what i said ties in what i’m about to say, and things with an (x) next to is what i have personally experienced:
so, do not:
- mock speech impediments (x)
- mock the way a deaf person speaks
- ask a deaf person to speak
- ask a deaf person to speak “normally” (x)
- ask a deaf person who lipreads to “hEY CAN YOU LIPREAD THIS” and then say some complete rubbish because it’s annoying as hell and is comparable for when someone takes off their glasses and someone says “HEY HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP”. just don’t. do not. no. nope. (x)
- when asked to repeat yourself, do not take offense (x)
- when asked to repeat yourself, do not raise your voice (x)
- when asked to repeat yourself, do not speak slowly (x)
- talk down to us like we’re beneath you (x)
- scream near a deaf person’s hearing aids to “make sure they work” (x)
- shout or scream near hearing aids on purpose. seriously. stop it (x)
- mock sign language in a harmful manner. it’s somebody’s way of talking you dick
- cover or block your mouth — we can’t lipread you if you do that! (x)
- facial expression is part of the language in american (particularly american) and british sign language (i am not sure of other sign languages, so any information added to this post will be amazing)
- be a jackass. the entire point of this post
BONUS ROUND! do nots with a translator!
- do not say something and then ask the translator to not translate it. why would you say it in the first place asshole
- do not talk directly to the translator if you are talking to the deaf person — you are talking to the deaf person, not them
- use secondary pronouns — “what’s her name” is wrong, “what’s your name” is correct. again, you are talking to the deaf person and not the translator
- do not be offended when the translator translates everything you say. it’s their damn job
on a more positive note, do:
- engage with us
- treat us like the normal human beings that we actually are
- learn about deafness
- learn sign language if possible! there are a lot of resources online
- when asked to repeat yourself, speak clearly!
- ask if they can hear you — if not, move to a quiet section of somewhere. if you’re in a shopping center, move to a quieter part if possible. if you’re in a house party, move outside or upstairs
- make stuff accessible! use subtitles, bring a translator in, learn bits of sign language or learn all of it
- be patient! sometimes some voices are hard to understand so take a breath, clear your throat, make sure you’re looking at us and then go for it
- be a deaf friendly person!
sorry for this monster text post there is a lot to fit in — if anyone has anything to add (resources, experiences, information about sign languages) will be highly appreciated!
the plain white hipster themes
the anime themes (transition effects, pixel small fonts, dropdown menus, etc.)
the big fandom themes
the themes idk what to categorize as
Here is a little something for all the FE:A fans who have been wanting to reach out and play the titles but can’t due to the insane skyrocket in prices of older titles. Here you will find a completely safe .rar bundle containing a nice starter pack for you!
- A safe tested Game Boy Advance emulator that should run smoothly enough on all computers.
- Fire Emblem 6: The Sword of Seals
- Fire Emblem 7: The Sword of Fire/Rekka no Ken
- Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones
Recommended Play Order
Very low difficulty, short but enjoyable story (23 maps in total), amazing artwork, detailed pixel portraits, hella cute character designs!
”In an age long past… evil flooded over the land. Creatures awash in the dark tide ran wild, pushing mankind to the brink of annihilation. In its despair, mankind appealed to the heavens, and from a blinding light came hope. The Sacred Stones. These five glorious treasures held the power to dispel evil. The hero Grado and his warriors used the Sacred Stones to combat evil’s darkness. They defeated the Demon King and sealed his soul away within the stones. With the darkness imprisoned, peace returned to Magvel. But this peace would not last…”
The first one to be released outside Japan! A true classic. It’s about Roy’s father (so it’s a prequel). Moderate difficulty, 3 different lords and this 3 stories to play, can be as long or as short as you want ( 32-41 maps depending on how you play), canon gay couple, cute dragons, and sexy villains of both sexes!
Play as Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector to stop the resurrection of dragons or watch as the world is burned to a cinder!
A real challenge! Chronologically: its the sequel to FE7. Never released outside Japan so it’s fan translated! Finally you can learn Roy’s story! See all those characters in FE7 again! Cute kids with magic! Cute girls in armor! TWINS! TWINS! It’s like the children’s brigade over here! Plus you get a free bara and this hot piece of ass!
Play as Roy and continue the story of FE7 just 15 years later and defend the Kingdom against the on coming invasion while unlocking all the secrets FE7 left behind.
- Take advantage of the emulator’s save function. These games don’t have casual mode or any type of battle save so every move counts. But the emulator has a separate save option from the games that allow you to save anytime and anywhere in game! Use it! Test out different strategies if you’re in a bind and reset if it fails. Blast through maps that can take hours on your first try!
- Trust me, you’ll need it at some point!